I'm 5 months out now. I don't have the answers but I have learned some things.
1. I've learned that this sucks. I miss her. But I am moving forward, one step at a time.
2. I've learned that I have to quit chasing the sunset. (See earlier blog post).
3. I've learned how to say thank you. People are good. We tend to focus on the negative people and forget about those who do care for us in our time of need. We always seem to think god is behind it, but I think we are underestimating how good we can be of our volition. That gives me hope for our species.
4. I've learned that it's a rollercoaster. As I go down a hill, I am also gaining speed so I can make it up the next hill.
5. I've learned that my children are suffering in ways that I can't imagine. No one, including myself, is hurting more than my children. Thier pain hurts me, but thier smiles make live worth living.